Personalized Cancer Care Consortium (PCCC)
The Personalized Cancer Care Consortium (PCCC) is a clinical research group based at The University of Chicago. The PCCC includes a network of 6 academic and community-based cancer clinics and hospitals in the Chicago Metro area, Central Illinois and Northeast Indiana.
The objectives of the PCCC are to seek out clinical trials and research studies best suited for conduct in a multi-institutional setting, with the goal of creating a broad scientific portfolio engaged in the study of cancer prevention, treatment and control, quality-of-life, survivorship and cancer biology.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) defines clinical trials as research studies that test how well new medical approaches work in people. Each PCCC study answers a scientific question and tries to find better ways to prevent, screen for, diagnose, or treat cancer. People who take part in PCCC cancer clinical trials receive up-to-date care from the foremost medical experts at one of the country’s top cancer centers. Patients benefit by having access to clinical trials in their own communities, with academic center support for limited-access procedures. They also have an opportunity to contribute to the knowledge and progress against cancer in a way that may help other patients. The PCCC offers unique clinical trials at each one of our 6 insitutional member sites.
PCCC Institutional Members and their Websites
- The University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center-UC CCC and UC CCC at Silver Cross Hospital (PCCC Chair: Walter M. Stadler, MD)
- Decatur Memorial Hospital, Decatur, IL (Site PI: James L. Wade III, MD)
- Fort Wayne Medical Oncology and Hematology, Indiana (Site PI: Sunil Babu, MD)
- Illinois CancerCare, Peoria, IL (Site PI: Paul Fishkin, MD)
- Ingalls Memorial Hospital, Harvey, IL (Site PI: Mark Kozloff, MD)
- NorthShore University HealthSystem, Evanston, IL (Site PI: Bruce E. Brockstein, MD)
For More Information
Mary A. Sherrell, MA, Director of Multi-Institutional Research Services firstname.lastname@example.org (773)702-9856