Membership has both its privileges and responsibilities, and members (new and established) must meet and maintain the standards established by the UCCCC, its senior scientific leadership, and the leaders of their primary programs. In general, all members belong to one of the six established programs. Basic requirements of UCCCC membership are as follows:
- Participation in your program's activities (seminars, workshops, retreats, journal clubs)
- Research and/or clinical interactions and collaborations with members in your program as well as members in other UCCCC programs
- Compliance with all policies and procedures of the UCCCC Data and Safety Monitoring Plan as related to the conduct of clinical trials including:
- Response to and compliance with recommendations of CTRC and SAM (including study closure) and UCCCC conducted audits; and
- If involved in clinical activity, participation in the UCCCC audit program as an auditor.